The ultimate in clean and hygienic metal ceiling tiles
The Biocote® protected Metal ceiling tiles range offers built-in continuous protection against a broad range of bacteria; a solution which provides a hygienic environment for buildings with regular cleaning practices.
Biocote® technology helps reduce the risk of cross-contamination eg. bacteria transferred from the Burgess CEP ceiling system to people, which can cause health risks / be potentially life threatening.
Burgess CEP are the only ceiling manufacturer who offer a ceiling tile with this advanced silver antimicrobial technology. We can work with you to provide a bespoke solution to meet your demanding hygiene needs. Find out more about the technology on the Biocote website.
Advantages of using our Biocote® range of metal ceiling tiles:
- Built in continuous protection against a broad range of bacteria
- Reduces bacteria on the surface of the tile by up to 99.9% over a 24-hour period
- Reduces the risk of cross-contamination
- A cleaner and more hygienic environment
- Can be applied to the entire metals range
- A cost effective and proactive solution
- Ideal for healthcare and catering sectors.
- Suitable applications include; Hospitals, Care Homes, General Practices, Kitchens and Laboratories
The science behind Biocote®
Biocote® is a world-wide patent protected powder coating technology that has excellent advanced anti bacterial qualities. The active agent is based on natural products that are proven to be safe.
The active agent incorporated into Biocote® is Silver, which is integrated into the product at the time of manufacture creating a concentration of silver ions on the surface. When bacteria come into contact with a Biocote protected surface, the silver binds with the bacteria and causes their enzymes to break down. The enzymes cannot therefore produce energy stopping the bacteria from multiplying and causing them to die.
Biocote® silver antimicrobial technology is one of the key pieces in the jigsaw of effectively reducing levels of bacteria in hygiene conscious environments. The silver technology complements cleaning methods to give an additional line of defence against Bacteria, mould and funghi, including MRSA, Ecoli and Salmonella.
Biocote® does not function in the same way as antibiotics and there is very little evidence to suggest bacteria have become resistant to Biocote as they can to some antibiotics.
The benefits of Silver Ion technology
The most important benefit of antimicrobial additives, aside from offering protection, is that additives do not change the products they are integrated into. BioCote antimicrobial additives:
- Will not affect the aesthetics of products
- Have no negative impact on performance
- Will not wear off or wash away
- Do not leach from the surface of treated products
Why is reducing microbes on a surface important?
Microbes are all around us, most of which do us no harm. Some microbes, however, can have a detrimental impact on our health as well as on the environments in which we live and work. By resisting the negative impact microbes can have on a product or surface, BioCote technology can add value in a number of ways.
BioCote technology will:
- Make a product more hygienic, if it is likely to host microbes harmful to human health.
- Keep a product fresher for longer, if it is likely to host odour-causing or staining microbes.
- Extend the usable lifetime of a product, if it is likely to host microbes which might degrade the surface.
Sound absorptionClass C in accordance with EN ISO 11654 ∂w: 0.60 in accordance with EN ISO 11654. Noise Reduction Coeffi cient (NRC): 0.65 in accordance with ASTM C 423-01.
Sound attenuation34dB Dnc,w in accordance with BS EN ISO 717-1.
Fire performanceEuroclass A2-s1, d0 in accordance with EN 13501-1.
Product weightThese tiles weigh approximately 3.5kg per m².
Tile LoadingThese tiles are not designed to support the weight of any services. Please contact us for grid loading data.
EnvironmentalThese tiles are capable of being recycled, please contact us for full details.
WarrantyThese tiles can be warrantied for up to 10 years, please contact us for full details.